Saturday, January 12, 2013

Jan 6th ~ 12th

This week was a pretty normal week. Other than Bubba leaving there is not a whole lot to report. The house feels quiet without him and Garrett is at a loss for a playmate. We will adjust and look forward to the next visit.

My baby loves to get to dressed up for church and he was doing his rendition of Moroni. Most days he dresses himself  and he only lets us comb his hair on Sunday's. This kid cleans up pretty nice and I am proud of him an his love for the Gospel, for church, and for his desire to look his best on Sundays.

Marcus leaves early in the morning for work and this is where you can find my son every morning bidding his father farewell for the day. He gets so sad when he sleeps in and missing telling his daddy goodbye. I watch this every morning and every time it makes me feel so blessed to have my family.
Eli has been teething lately and wants to chew on everything. He also gets really fussy around the dinner-making hour. I came across these giant size pretzels at the commissary and thought the salt might help the teething pain, they are big enough that he wouldn't choke on them, and they might keep him busy while I make dinner ~ WINNER! They worked, and I feel like a genius. I'm sure I'm not the first mom to come up with this, but I am gonna take credit for now.
I'm so grateful my son is a good eater. I almost always let him choose what he wants for lunch and today this was his pick. I am also grateful that he still thinks of blueberries as an awesome treat. We are still working through his anti-meat phase, but I really can't complain.
Life has been good to us lately and I feel the Lord's hand in all that we do. As Dori would say..."just keep swimming"

No comments: