Sunday, January 13, 2013

Eli :: 8 months

I am not going to lie..this last month has been a rough one. My baby cut his two bottom teeth the day after he turned 7 months. Once he cut those teeth we had a teething reprieve for about a week. He was sleeping good and was happy, but then I noticed some very swollen top gums and we have been in teething Hell ever since. For the last three weeks I feel like the mother of a newborn again. Waking up two to three times a night to nurse or just to fuss. My baby is very crabby during the day and needs a lot of TLC and a lot of holding and rocking. I am really trying to embrace this time, but come on, I tired! You would never know how our month has shaped up by the look of these pictures. I am quite sure I have the cutest 8 month old around. Some things I don't want to forget ~

  • My baby cut his first two teeth the day after he turned 7 months, they were his two bottom-middle teeth
  • My baby is a horrible teether and, in my opinion, has a very low pain tolerance.
  • When my baby is teething he becomes a "milk-o-holic" and just wants to nurse all the time, especially at night.
  • Eli still needs to be wrapped at night and for naps and wakes up if he can get his hand up by his face.
  • He loves his paci and is sooo good at keeping it in, he can take it out and put it back in now. He usually has one hooked to his clothes all day.
  • This little boy is such a good eater! He loves to eat what we are eating and he loves his baby food. He can also eat yogurt now. It is not messing with his tummy. I can also eat yogurt now :)
  • Speaking of tummy, my kid hates laying on his. Sometimes he will be reaching for a toy and end up falling forward on his belly. This does not make Eli a happy baby.
  • He is still not rolling and has no desire to move. He is very content just sitting, watching, and chewing on things.
  • His schedule is doing better and we are falling into a nice napping routine.
  • He is really interacting with his brothers, he loved having Bubba here for Christmas an getting more attention.
Thank you my little Eli for bringing your Mommy so much joy!




These pics were taken by my lovely friends Corey & Kimberly Nasfell, Thanks guys, we love you!

1 comment:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Love this post and love this little man of yours! :-)