The Blakes arrived yesterday around dinner time. The boys quickly settled into playing and the adults devoured some dinner I saved for them. While eating I noticed my sister had either grown some belly bulge or she was growing a baby. The later was true and there is another Blake baby expected in late October. I am so excited to be an Aunt again.
Easter morning came with a little fan fare as possible; small baskets of candy and some colored eggs. We let the kids get their fill prior to church so it would be over and done with. I love Easter, but all the kids hyped up on sugar is not my idea of a good time. Once we were all dressed we tried to get the kiddos outside for some pics. You can see how that went...
Easter comes at such a lovely time of year. With Spring in the air we feel the need to air out our homes, open the windows, do Spring cleaning, and make new goals. It is very fitting that during the Easter season we celebrate our Savior's ultimate sacrifice and gift to us. Through his sacrifice and death he gave us the gift of the atonement and eternal life. Every time we partake of the atonement it is like we are opening the windows to our soul and doing our own personal spring cleaning. We can use this gift any time we need and what a blessing this is. I am so grateful to my Savior. I know without a doubt that he knows me and he loves me. I also know that he suffered for all of my sins, my sadness, my hurt, and my frustrations. I know that through him I can me made strong and whole. I am grateful for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful to have the knowledge of the fullness of the Gospel. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter Sunday. I hope you enjoy your candy, but I also hope you take a minute to recognize the meaning of this special day.




No comments:
Post a Comment