Sunday morning Marcus took Mom and Dad to the airport before he left for the field. We were sad to see them go but we so enjoyed out time with them. Marcus went to Sacrament meeting with us and them had to head home for work. We will miss him for a few days as he is out in the field with his Marines. This will be a big test for me as I start school with Garret this week. We will see how I do in my own.
Monday we started school. Garrett's first day of Kindergarten and my first day as a teacher. It went pretty well. I just need to get better with my time management so we can be a little quicker. Garrett's attention span is two hours tops. I know we will get there in time as we both get better at this school stuff.
Wednesday marked a whole new phase of life for the Fleming family. We have entered the works of organized extra curricular sports. Garrett started T-ball, Marcus is a volunteer coach and I am the team mom. Nothing like jumping in with both feet into the deep end. It was quite the week of practice, making snack rosters (because that is the most important thing in t-ball), collecting money, getting quotes for names and numbers on jerseys, getting said jerseys dropped off and picked up once the names and numbers were done, and getting all of us and the jerseys to the first game if the season on time. I did all of this while Marcus was gone and while I schooled out son. Super mom, I think not. What didn't get done was one single ounce of housework, sewing for Twine, and I got very little sleep so by the end of the week I was a total zombie and Friday night I had a total emotional breakdown.
I just have to remember my motto from the drill field. This is not going to get easier, I am just going to get better at it. I just have to give myself some time to adjust to it all. After all, at one point in my life I was by myself for a year with a 6-18 month old and I was working. We all managed and we were happy most of the time. I can do hard things especially with the Lord on my side.
While we were at practice and as I was watching Garrett practice, I also noticed Eli and I then I thought about how different the second child life it compared to the first. This little boy will not know life without days at the ball field. He will not know days where mom is teacher and mom. He will never know the devoted attention of a single child. I then have to remind myself that this is OK. Heavenly Father knows what he is doing when he sends each spirit down to specific families. Eli has the personality to be the second child and he is embracing his different life.
Speaking of Eli... I feel like my baby is growing up so fast lately. He is really getting a little mind of his own and is expressing his likes and dislikes much more frequently. Now that he is walking he loves to be outside with the big kids. With that being said, when a 15 month old loves to be outside they get very dirty so my baby has been getting baths every night this week. He loves the bath, but that kid can wreck a bathroom in about 2.8 seconds and he loves every minute of it. He has also started eating with dishes and silverware. He is not great yet, but time will help him to get better. I love watching him learn and grow.
Friday Daddy had off work. I was able to put him to work helping out with errands and watching kiddos. I got to go for a run sans children. It was a quick/short run because we had to get Garrett to physical therapy. Sometimes I get discouraged with my slow pace when I run. With Eli in the double stroller I hang out at about and 11:00 - 11:30 minute pace. I would love to be more like a 10:00 - 10:30 pace. It has been so long since I ran with alone I had no idea how I would do. I was pleasantly surprised that I averaged just under a 10:00 minute pace. The first thing I thought of was, YES! I would have passed a PFT. Now my days of running PFT's are long gone, but it is nice to know that I could if I wanted to.
Marcus was able to take Garrett to physical therapy today so I was able to shower in peace while Eli napped and get prepared for school for the day. It is so nice to have an extra pair of hands sometimes. After school was over for the day (did I mention we made it through a whole week😁) I took Garrett to the pool. It was so hot and our house felt like a sauna, gotta live not having AC. We had fun and he is getting really good at using his new mask and snorkel. He made it from one side if the pool to the other with out poking his head up. This is a huge feat for my boy and I was a proud mama!
Marcus tried to wash the cars on Friday but it was just too hot. So after we out the kids to bed he washed and vacuumed out both cars and the motorcycle. It was fun to sit out on the driveway and just laugh and talk with my honey. It was also nice to feel the cool evening air after such a long hot day. We went to bed gearing up for the first t-ball game of the season.
Saturday morning marked the first game and Garrett was so excited. I didn't have to fight with him for one minute about getting dressed in his uniform or making his bed. The game was so adorable. They played two innings, every player gets to bat and they all play the field even if they have to double up positions. Coach Mime is a good guy and our team has a lot of dads that what to help so that is nice. Garrett got to play first base and catcher. He loved first base and did not like catcher at all. It was hot and he was uncomfortable in the catchers gear. He pushed through and gave the crowd quite a show. It was a fun game and I look forward to an awesome season of baseball.
And one more picture for the week. It might be my favorite. While daddy was out rebuilding weed eaters and lawn mowers on Saturday Eli wanted to be out there so bad. Since that kind of work is not conducive to 15 month olds, Eli settled for watching him at the door for at least an hour. It was so precious. I live my family and weeks like this last week remind me of how blessed I really am.













1 comment:
Those tee-ball pictures bring back some memories. I like!
Post a Comment