This blog post comes to you from the lab at Orem Community Hospital. Today I am 28 weeks and officially into my third trimester. This is usually the time when all things that can go wrong with my pregnancies really start manifesting. This pregnancy is shaping up to be the same only now I have something new to worry about. I failed my 1 hour glucose test, so now I am here doing my 3 hour test. I am really hoping and praying for the best. I do not need to be worried about gestational diabetes along with preeclampsia. We shall see...I have my 28 weeks appointment on Monday so I am sure my Dr. will discuss my results with me then. I will post an update on Monday at some point about the results. I have also noticed on days when I do too much I have some swelling in my hands, face, and feet and just this week I have noticed that my hands fall asleep and get tingly when I am sleeping and the bottoms of my feet are tingly when I get up in the middle of the night and the morning for the bathroom. I did take my blood pressure yesterday and it was normal so I was happy about that. I have gone through this twice before so I kind of know the symptoms and what to look out for. Hopefully my urine test comes back clean on Monday for protein. It's pretty early to be failing urine tests but I still know the symptoms that lead up to the diagnosis. I'm hoping for the best and trying to stay positive, but I really want to have everything ready for baby by April 1st.
On a fun note some of my friends from the neighborhood and church are throwing me a baby shower. This is not usual for a third baby, but considering this is the first girl and I started with nothing I am very grateful and there is nothing like a good party to lift the spirits of a ginormous pregnant lady ;)
Just one final thought, I have been trying to pay more attention to the world around me and to take time to stop and smell the roses. This is the first time in a while that I don't feel like my life is going at mock speed around me. The view from my back yard is breathtaking, especially on a clearish day. Some mornings when I open the curtains to the back door I just have to pinch myself and remind myself that this is where I live and I am so lucky to live somewhere so pretty.



No comments:
Post a Comment