Saturday, February 13, 2016

{ thunderstorm followed by a hurricane }

It is Saturday morning and I finally feel like I am coming up for air. We got home from surgery around 5PM on Thursday to find that Garrett's little virus was not so little. Motrin and Tylenol were no controlling his fever and he had a very intense barking cough. Once we got dinner for everyone, I took him to the ER and it was confirmed that he had a very nasty flu bug that takes about 5-6 days to run its course. The Dr. also told me to keep him away from Marcus and that this would most likely run through the whole family. I had no idea how I was going to handle all of this. Thursday night and Friday day were by far G's worst days and I spent nearly the whole day dropping off prescriptions, picking up prescriptions, running out for better cough syrup, getting cookies for G's Valentine's day party at school that he couldn't even go to, he was sooooo sad :(

Once I finally got home from that I actually sat down for a minute and realized that I was feeling pretty crappy. First off, I think I strained my right hip flexor or groin. It hurts so bad to walk and even to lay down if the pressure is wrong. But I noticed my neck and lower back were getting sore, I was terrified I was coming down with the flu as well. I do have a weird cough, but no fever as of yet. I am sure I am not out of the woods yet. Thank goodness my OB called in a script of Tamiflu for me to take once my fever sets in and I grabbed a bunch of masks from the ER while we were there. Right now I am just praying everyone else will stay healthy and that if we do get it, it will be fast. Marcus is two days post op and still in a lot of pain. They said 5 after 5 days he should be feeling a lot better.

On another note, I am 30 weeks today and other than feeling totally stressed, I am feeling good. We finally got our tax return so I have also ordered a few things for little miss. You know car seats and such. At least a little retail therapy was good for the soul and I have some packages to look forward to. I have an apt on Tuesday so I will give another update then. Right now everyone seems pretty content, I am going to try to catch a shower.

No comments: