Monday, March 7, 2016

{ haircuts : wekend getaways : driving permits }

The last half of last week was a bit of a blur. The weather was lovely so there was another impromptu park day. Then I was out running errands with Eli on Thursday and I had to pick up a few things at the grocery store. Shay, Marcus Jr's mom, is the manager at Great Clips right by Harmon's so we had an impromptu haircut. She did a fantastic job and I am always amazed at how haircuts age my boys at least two years in about 15 minutes. This little cutie did fantastic and we went right over to Harmon's for a post hair cut doughnut. After school I took Garrett and he got a doughnut as well.

On Saturday we headed out of town to Cokeville, WY for the weekend. Cokeville, WY is on out short list of places we would like to settle post Marine Corps. This little town has a lot of charm to offer but not a lot of jobs. There is a motel that came up for sale and we wanted to take a trip up there to check out the place and talk to the owners to find out more about it and more about the financial side of things. The Motel is darling and has a 2700 living space attached to it. We are not really in a hurry to do anything drastic, but we are considering it. It was a fast trip so I didn't get any pics except this one...We stopped at McD's for breakfast and Garrett was obsessed with the life size Ronald McDonald statue.
We got home late last night and I was so grateful that today was a teacher work day (no school) and a day off for Daddy. I got to sleep in a bit and then run errands without kiddos. The best part of our day today was a phone call we got from Marcus Jr around 9:00am. He called to let us know that he passed the test for his driver's permit. He has been wanting to get it since his birthday, and has been studying and taking practice tests online. It has just been hard to coordinate not missing school and his mom's work schedule. We are so proud of him and this huge milestone he has met. This means our boy is growing up and the older he gets the faster the time goes by. Congrats Bubs on this accomplishment.
Tomorrow starts another week of school and daily tasks. It is a slow week as far as the calendar goes and I am hoping to get some real cleaning done as well as some sewing projects done. We will see how all of that goes. I was 33 weeks preggo on Saturday and I am really starting to feel the discomforts of late pregnancy. The swelling, the sore feet, the sore hips, not getting good sleep, and having to pee all of the time. I know all of this just means the time is drawing near so I am trying to deal with it with a smile of my face, but by the end of the day I am very wore out. At this point everyday that I get through is just one day closer to meeting my baby girl.

No comments: