Today is 34 weeks and I just went back and read my 34 week post from Eli's pregnancy and I feel like I could just rewrite the whole thing verbatim. 40 weeks is only 6 weeks away and that seems so far away yet so close at the same time. I really want to be done with everything by 37 weeks. That means, sewing done, nursery set up, and any major purchases made. That way when I really feel done I can just put my feet up and watch movies all day...haha, who am I kidding! It's a nice thought. But either way I just want to fell like I can relax when I want or need to.
I am still feeling pretty good, I have started swelling a bit, mostly just my ankles, feet, and hands. It's not too bad. My weight gain is still OK. I think I'm up to 25 lbs. Hopefully I can keep it steady at the normal 1 lb per week. After all my baby is actually gaining about a 1/2 lb per week. I have an apt. on Wednesday so I will know more of my vitals then, hopefully everything is still normal. I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready to see declining vitals with 6 weeks left.
My biggest observation with little miss is that she is a night owl. She is so wiggly when I go to bed and even wakes me up in the middle of the night. I hope she grows out of that quickly :| I still feel like I am huge but I still feel pretty when I get myself fixed up. I will admit that I often just throw on sweats and a t-shirt if I know I don't have to go anywhere that day, but when I do take some time and put some thought into it, I feel like I clean up OK.
Today I had my baby shower. Normally I would say that having a baby shower for your 3rd child seems a bit silly, but when you have nothing and you are having a different gender than what you already have it is warranted and much appreciated. My friends from our ward threw it for me and it was delightful. It was simple, casual, and understated. Just what I needed and wanted. It was an open house feel. Some people came and stayed the whole time, and others came and went. The food was simple and delicious and the company was fantastic. We visited, told baby stories, laughed, and opened gifts. It was just what this girl needed. Of course I was too busy visiting and eating to take any pics, but I did manage to snap a 34 week belly shot right before I left the house. I am so grateful for all the support from friends and family I have had over the last 8ish months. Orem is really starting to feel like home and I am grateful for the friends I have made since being here.
In other news, Eli and I have had a fun week together. The past month or so that little boy has watched far too much TV. So with the weather being nicer I have been trying to get him out of the house more for park time and I have been trying to help him be more creative with his play. He plays with his trains everyday, but he doesn't usually go searching for other toys. So I have been trying to remind him of other things we have to play with. This week I got out the box of blocks and he has been obsessed. He has played with them everyday, he builds things and breaks them and builds more and he is obsessed with me taking pictures of his creations. Sometimes I am amazed that this cute baby of mine is about to be 4 years old and be a big brother.
I promise an update on Wednesday, complete with ultrasound pics and an update on vitals. I hope anyone who is reading this is having a great week!
1 comment:
I love how positive you always are no matter the circumstances and with being pregnant.And you really did look so good Saturday at the shower, you are seriously a cute 3rd trimester pregnant lady! I feel ya though with the sweat pants! Lol You are allowed to try to be as comfortable as possible this close to delivery. :) I do the same but don't have as good of an excuse!
Post a Comment