Sunday, April 10, 2016

{ spring break wrap up }

Spring break is officially over and all but a few rough moments it was a fantastic week and I am grateful I got to spend so much quality time with my big boys before this little lady takes up much of my attention and time. The weather was fantastic and Daddy has a lot of time off work as well so there was much fun to be had.

Monday started off with my OB apt and getting laundry done. In the afternoon we hit up the park with the Blakes and Lybberts. The kids played for 3 hours at the park and had a wonderful time.
Tuesday I took the little boys to see Zootopia in the movie theater. We don't do this very often as movies are so expensive so this was a great treat. We hit up the Dollar Store before hand and the boys each got to pick out a box of candy to have all to themselves. Garrett picked out Milk Duds (he is a kid after my own heart) and Eli picked out sour worms (again another one of my favorites). My pick was Milk Duds. We shared a large popcorn and of course I had my movie size Diet Coke. The boys loved the treats and the movie. It really was so cute and Disney very rarely disappoints. We finished Tuesday off with a cousin sleepover. Garrett invited Nigel and Owen over for a sleepover and they had a great time. We ate Flautas (one of all the kids favs), had ice cream with crunched up peanut M&M's on top, the boys played plenty of wii games and we finished the evening off with a scary movies. I rented them the Goosebumps movie and they referred to it as a horror movie. They had a lot of fun and I am so grateful to live close to my sisters so our kiddos can grow up together and have fun experiences like this.
Wednesday I took the Blake boys home and took all the boys to the rec center for basketball and swimming. We met the whole Blake family there so the kids could swim together. Marcus jr, Owen, and Garrett played basketball for a while and then Owen and Garrett met us in the pool to finish off the morning swimming. Me and Melissa were not getting in a swimsuit at this point so we were spectators and spend a couple hours just chatting and watching our kids laugh and play. Sam was there to keep the little ones entertained. I could not believe how brave Eli was this year. He is running and jumping of the edge an is not the least afraid to do it all by himself.  I was not able to get any pics of Garrett as he never stays close enough to me. He is always on the move and Marcus was in playing pick up games of basketball the whole time.

Thursday I took the little boys to the Museum of Natural Curiosity. It is the children's museum at Thanksgiving point and the boys always have such a fantastic time when we go there. We spend 4 hours there and didn't even get through the whole thing. Granted, I do not rush the boys. They can spend as much time at any one place as they want to. Garrett is always so interested in anything that is scientific and Eli is always interested in anything that used balls or blocks. I will admit that all the walking that day really took its toll on me and my swollen hands and feet, but it was worth it to see them enjoy themselves.




Wednesday evening Daddy took all the boys on a hike up Bridalveil falls. Its right close to the house just up the Provo canyon. It is a short little hike and perfect to get the legs stretched out for the hiking season. We plan on doing many hiked this year as mommy needs to get in shape and the boys love it. I so wish I could be out there with them right now. Last Spring it was so rainy so we were not able to get the Spring hikes in, we did all our hiking in the heat of the Summer. I hope the Spring is a little drier this year and the temps stay mild for a couple of months.



Thursday evening was a big evening for Marcus Jr. It his Food Science class his big project for the semester was to cook a meal for his while family. He had to cook three recipes, do all the planning, and grocery shopping. He chose to cook spinach enchiladas, Spanish rice, and brownies. He did it all himself and we were so proud of him. The meal was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. We even had his mom over for dinner so she could enjoy the fruits of his labors. 


 


Marcus Jr has also spent much of this week trying to get ahead on a World Civilization project. he has to plan a trip to Egypt and create a travel itinerary and brochure. He has been putting a lot of hard work in this week and we are proud of him and his diligence to do school work during his break. the reward for his hard work is driving with Daddy. He loves having his permit and his dad is a very patient teacher.

Friday was a low key day. I spent much of the day putting away winter clothes and getting out Summer clothes. This meant taking inventory of what we have and making lists of what we need. I also got out the next size of clothes for Eli.  I can't believe he is almost 4 and is wearing size 4T. My baby is not going to be my baby for very much longer and he is really transitioning into a big boy more and more everyday. Friday night Daddy took the boys to the rec center for another evening of swimming and he also took them to Chick-fil-a as I needed a patience break and was not feeling up to cooking dinner that day.

Saturday we kept it pretty chill as well. I worked on laundry and making lists of what I need to get done next week. Melissa called and needed to get out of the house so she and her kiddos came over while Sam worked for playing and dinner. We grilled hot dogs, ate potato chips, fruit salad, and cookies. It was the perfect way to end our Spring Break. Daddy also took Bubs on a more strenuous hike by himself. They need father/son time without the little boys. They hiked Little Baldy which is right behind our house. It was a good 3-4 miles and I think they both enjoyed it and the time together.
During my free time and in the evenings this week I finished all my sewing projects for baby girl. I made her a small lovey blanket from the scraps of her quilt, I made some burps cloths out of my fabric scraps, and a couple of hooded towels that match the boys hooded towels. All my kids have colored towels that they always use and I guess Edie's towels will be yellow.





It has been a good and full week of fun and productivity. Today I am resting and getting ready for my last week with only three kiddos. Seven days and a wake up until we get to meet our sweet girl. I was 38 weeks on Saturday and tomorrow is my last OB appointment. I will give an update after my apt tomorrow.


No comments: