Monday, April 11, 2016

{ edith :: 38 + 2 }

Well, I've officially gone a week longer than with Eli and at this point with Garrett I was in the hospital trying to get him out. Today I am 38 weeks, 2 days and this morning I had my 38 week check up. Today was my last OB apt as next week at this time I will be laboring this little lady out. My apt went great. I'm actually starting to think I might just beat this preeclampsia. My BP was 133/80, my weight was higher than I wanted but this swelling has me all messed up. I really think all these last few lbs are mostly water weight. The swelling is still in my hands and feet mostly, but really it's all over. My urine test still just had traces of protein. Baby's HB was around 155bpm and she was really wiggly. Dr. also confirmed today that she is head down. When he checked me he could feel a head so this made me very happy. He told me to bounce on my exercise ball at least 30 min every day to help her get engaged and to stay head down. He also checked my cervix (PSA this might be TMI, proceed with caution) I am dilated to about 2 cm and my cervix is soft and stretchy. I have had bloody show for the last couple of days so I know things are starting to happen.

It would be nice to go into labor on my own this week and not have to be induced but it is also comforting to know that I have a date scheduled and it is way easier to make sure the other kiddos are taken care of when everything is scheduled. Either way it's gonna be great and our little girl will be here next Monday at some point for sure.

Hopefully...I ran the last of my errands today aside from grocery shopping later this week. I also got the car seat situated and mine and baby's bags packed. The rest of the week will consist of sweat pants and house work. If I can get the big ticket stuff done this week I think hubby can keep up with the small stuff for a couple of weeks while I nap and nurse a newborn. The countdown is officially on, 6 days and a wake up :)

No comments: