Yesterday a cord of wood was delivered to our house. We have a lovely fire place in our home that has been dying to get used. The wood is oak and it has been seasoned and it smells heavenly and burns HOT! My wonderful husband (with the help of the munchkin) spent the afternoon stacking firewood in 20 degree weather. His back was sore and his face was frozen, but it was so worth it when we got the fire going.
I am such a fire hog! I grew up in a home that always has a wood stove or fire place. When I was younger we burned wood, but as I grew older my parents switched over to gas. None-the-less I have spent most of my life vegging in front of a fire place during the winter months. I would watch TV, do my homework, and my favorite was getting a good nap in. I am grateful to my parents for the opportunity to experience the warmth of a fire! I am looking forward to any more cold days enjoying my fireplace and our beautiful oak!

1 comment:
First off, didn't know that you were in a house now... awesome!
Second, I LOVE wood burning stoves and fireplaces! My childhood memories also include the joy of having a non-environmentally friendly but oh-so-cuddly-and-perfect-winter-necessity as a fire. Love the smell. Love the heat! Enjoy!!!
Post a Comment