So I have revamped my blog, getting in the Spring spirit and I'm sure you are wondering, what is the deal with the flag theme for the header? Well, in light of the budget issues this last week I am feeling very grateful for my freedom. What! you ask? With the looming shutdown, they were going to stop your pay? This is true how could our nations leaders even think of doing something like that to the men and women who keep our country free?
When I first heard the news, and I have been hearing it for quite sometime since my job deals directly with the DOD (Department of Defense) budget, I was irate! What would we do, how could we live if we only got 1/2 paycheck? We would have been OK, but there are many service members that would not have been OK. But there are many programs out there to help service member out there in times of financial crisis and we, all of us, would have gotten through. I thought how could our nation's leaders be so juvenile and why can't they just agree on a compromise? But then I got to thinking...
We should feel blessed to live in a country where there are rules and regulations that are enforced and where the men and women we vote in to office have an obligation to stand and hold there ground on issues that matter to us the voters. I am grateful for people who stand for principles and I am grateful for people who desire to make our country more solvent even if I would have had to sacrifice to make that happen. I am grateful there was no government shutdown and that our nation's leaders came to an agreement, but I am also grateful that we have rules and regulations in place so that one person can't rule the country alone and that my voice is heard!
I hope everyone out there who was feeling sympathy for our nation's service members this last week remembers them next week when this is old news. The same men and women who are sacrificing their lives for you this week will still be out there next week and they will still be fighting for freedom all around the globe and their families will still be holding the fort down at home. These people sacrifice for you, remember them always!
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment