Monday, May 2, 2011

History in the Making

Yesterday was a day that will be remembered in history. It is a day that is as important and the day Adolf Hitler died and Saddam Hussein was taken down. It was May 1st and it was the day that Osama bin Laden was taken out by our US Military forces. This man was behind the bombing of the World Trade Center in New York on September 11, 2001, he was responsible for many Americans losing their lives and many Americans losing their loved ones. He forceds our country together in tragedy and he changed the course of history and the way we fight wars. He has been behind much of the terrorist activity around the world. Nothing good has come of this man and the US and the world has been after him for 10 years and finally justice has been served.

The patriotism our nation has shown in the last 24 hours has been amazing. Being in the Marine Corps and having served overseas, I am proud! I am proud of my brothers and sisters in uniform. I am proud that I have served this great nation, and I am proud to be an American. It feels good to know that the last 10 years of fighting and being away from family and having my family be away from me and the struggles and the worry and the pain and the sorrow I and so many have felt are not for nothing. I know this is not the end, but it is a huge victory that I hope it will not soon be forgotten. Please, never forget the men and women that serve to keep our great nation free. They do it because they care and they do it for you...Support them even when you don't support why they do it. We do what we are told, when are are told to do it for our fellow Americans and we don't ask why, we just trust that it will not be in vain and yesterday it proved worthy of patriotism. Keep it alive and never forget!

I only write about this on my blog to document this day in history. I can only hope one day my posterity will read this an know that our country is great and the men and women who serve are great as well!

2 comments:

nathalia said...

Amen, Becky! And thank you and your husband for serving our country!

The Poe Family said...

Becky and Marcus, we are so thankful for who you are and what you stand for. You are quite an example to us and our children. Thank You for your service and we love you.