I try not to dwell every day about how much longer I have left on my Marine Corps contract because it overwhelms me and I feel like I will never be done. But...on the 15th of each month I give myself permission to think about it and to think about life after the Marine Corps. Last month I hit the 1 year mark and that was huge. I felt like the light at the end of the tunnel grew just a little bit bigger. Now with only 11 months that light is even bigger. Right now I am thinking about enjoying next summer with my little one. Enjoying the weather, the sunshine, lazy days at the pool and so forth.
On this day of anticipation I also try to focus on the present and the things I am grateful for right now. I am grateful to have Friday's off this Summer. Having a three day weekend each week has been wonderful. I am able to get so much more done, get caught up on housework and play with my babies. I am grateful for my medical insurance right now. I know When I get out I will still have this, but right now all medical for me is FREE, even my fertility stuff. That is a huge blessing. I am also grateful for all I have gone through on this journey. Without the bitter you can never know and truly appreciate the sweet.
There are days I ache for the sweet and although some days seem like they will go on forever and June 15, 2012 will never get here, the months are going by quickly and I know it will be here before I know it. "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." Thanks Dori, some says this is all that gets me through!
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment