Friday, February 24, 2012

Mid-Winter Break memories~

Garrett has been off school this week and the weather has been beautiful so we have been playing!

Daddy had off work Monday so we went on a nice long walk/bike ride. It was a little chilly early in the morning, but the sun shining warmed us up and Garrett had a blast riding in the stroller and riding his bike. On Tuesday we walked to institute and then hit up the park for some play time and lunch. It was a little windy, but the little boys didn't seem to mind. They were just happy to be outside getting their fill of vitamin D. I have been enjoying the exercise outside, treadmills can get very boring!

On Wednesday we invited some friends to go to the zoo with us and I have to say this was the best day of whole week. It was the perfect day at the zoo. The weather was nice, the temp was mild, it was not crowded at all, and the boys loved every minute of the animals and the outside. All of these pictures below were taken at the zoo. It was the best light for pictures and I loved the view through my lens.

On Thursday we went to the library for story time, but the lady who normally does it was out for the day. Our plan was to hit up the park again, but it was getting really windy so we took our lunch to Burger King and let the kiddos play in the play area for an hour or so. It was just enough to tire them out for some good naps that day. Today the weather was terrible...rainy and windy all day. We stayed it, cleaned the house, and rested from our eventful week. The highlight of the day was the season opening of our local Rita's. Rita's sells water ice, if you've never had it you are missing out. Because it was opening day, all their products were 50% off. We braved the rain, wind and cold for our tasty treat and I have to say it was worth it!

Garrett in action doing what he does best :: running!

You will notice that in many pictures we take of this child he has some sort of stick in his hand. My son would probably be 100% OK if he had a basket of sticks to play with. They become the most amazing toys. Lasers, guns, swords, rockets, you name it a stick can become it.

Right now Garrett is very concerned with growing bigger, taller, and stronger. He wants to show off his big muscles to everyone.

Like most kids his age a merry-go-round is always a big hit. I love the fact that he can ride them himself now, because going round and round makes me feel very queasy these days, plus I like to take pictures from a distance. He chose the very cool bug to ride in this time.

Garrett loves to pose for pictures these days, but he doesn't like to pose the way most Mommy's want. He likes to give me crazy faces and crazy poses. It is hard to get a genuine smile, but this time I got one. This is a genuine smile that is oozing complete happiness. I love it!

The children's area at the zoo is always a big hit. They can feed the animals, pet them, and brush them. I think it is so sweet to watch these little ones be so gentle with the animals.

This tractor is also in the children's area and it might be G's favorite part of the zoo. He tries really hard to share with the other children, but he has a hard time. He would sit there all day and push button, pull levers, and push pedals.

I don't normally take pictures of animals unless I can get them up close and personal. On this day the peacocks were everywhere, just roaming around and the males kept fanning out their feathers. I was able to get a good shot and the lighting was just right to really show off their beautiful colors. I love this shot!

I must say it has been a great week. I love being home with my kiddo and he is at such a fun age. Moments and memories to cherish~

No comments: