Saturday, February 25, 2012

On our dinner table tonight

carrot tomato soup and grilled cheese~

What sounds more comforting than that? I read about this recipe on a friends blog over a month ago, but I didn't have in immersion blender at the time and I hate using my blender for jobs like that so I was patient. I finally got my new blender but I already had my menu done for the month of January so again I had to wait. This recipe calls for 4lbs of tomatoes and tomatoes are not the cheapest of produce, especially this time of year so I waited again till tomatoes came on sale. What do you know they were on sale this week so I loaded my buggy with 4lbs of vine ripened tomatoes and counted the days till Saturday (my soup day). All day long I have been so excited to make this soup.

I grew up on Campbell's condensed tomato soup and I never really liked it. When I became an adult I was able to tolerate it and actually liked it as long as I made it with milk and added some basil and sour cream to it. Then I graduated to a few organic boxed tomato soups that I enjoyed. And now I have hit the jackpot and will not go back to canned or boxed again. This recipe is delicious and it is jam packed with veggies. I did not even need to add the sour cream. You can find this recipe here. Garrett ate it all up and was excited to dip his cheesy bread in it. Marcus enjoyed it and I loved it. This will be making a come back appearance at our table. The best part is, I was able to freeze 32oz of it and I have enough to enjoy after church tomorrow for lunch.




1 comment:

Beth said...

Yum, now I want to make some. :)