My youngest brother, David, is about to embark on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in just a few short months. He will go to Brazil on July 3rd and he will serve for two years. Part of preparing to go on his mission is preparing to go through the temple for the first time. He has been preparing and the date we was going though was April 21st. My mom sent out an email a couple of months ago with the date inviting family and friends to attend. This is an event I did not want to miss, but due to the timing I did not think I would be able to attend. Marcus had a training event that weekend and I was not so sure about traveling at 35 weeks pregnant and I was unsure how my health would be at that point in my pregnancy. I told my brother how sad I was to miss this wonderful event, but that I would be there in spirit.
About 10 days before April 21st, I felt like I wanted to be there so badly. I could not imagine missing this event and not being with my whole family in the temple. I looked for plane tickets, but they were so expensive. I shrugged the feeling of wanting to be there off as best I could. Thursday evening (April 19th) we were out to eat and we were talking about how proud we were of David. I mentioned to Marcus how sad I was to be missing this. He told me to check plane tickets again. We set a limit to how much we were willing to pay for airfare. I checked to websites and found tickets to Portland for a reasonable price. I got home from dinner and bought two tickets for Garrett and I to leave first thing in the morning. I felt like I was crazy, traveling by myself with a three year old at almost 35 weeks pregnant, but I was so excited that I could be with my family for this special occasion. I also felt so grateful for my husbands support. I got to packing and less than 12 hours after I bought tickets Garrett and I were on a plane to WA.
Friday, was exhausting, by the time I got to my parent's house on Friday I was so tired, but it was so great to see my family and Garrett was so excited. The next day was temple day. It was a wonderful day and it meant so much to be with my family in the temple supporting David. The only person missing was Marcus. David is such a good Uncle and example to his nieces and nephews. All of his nephews LOVE him to pieces, he is the coolest uncle and if my son grows up with Uncle David as his hero I will be just fine with that. David, we love you and you are going to be an amazing missionary!





1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I NEED all of these photos!!!
Post a Comment