Saturday, August 4, 2012

Our Extended Vacation

So our vacation at Banks got cut short by a day. The weather was yucky at Banks, but the weather looks great for Olympia; so we decided to pack it up and head home. All the Dad's still were still on vacation so we spend the last day of our vacation on the lake. It was a nice day and it was nice to sleep in our own beds, but still get the time on the water. We hung out at the house, all together, and it was nice. I love it that the beach set up at the house is very similar to the beach set up at Banks...minus the travel out to the beach. The kids had a great time. We still had lots of fun snacks and treats from our camping stash so the kids were in heaven .

Untitled
Nigel was determined to stand up on his dad's single ski. I remember doing this as a child. It's only a matter of time Nige~
Untitled
The boys had water gun fights and did plenty of swimming off the dock. 
Untitled
Untitled

The kids got to tube, this is a huge deal. We (the adults) are not big tubers. We did not grow up tubing, we grew up knee boarding and skiing. But the kids love it and Grandpa only gets the tube out a couple times per year. He (and I) feel like if they tube all the time there will not be a desire to do more difficult things. But anyway, they went and had a great time. We even got Alice and Nigel out there. Alice...not so sure and Nigel like it for a little while and then he was done. Bubba wanted to do crazy stuff, but Grandpa is not a "crazy" tube driver. He would much rather pull him on the the wake board. Garrett and Owen were getting a little brave and wanted to go a little faster, however, neither of them live the splash they get in the face.

 Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

The big boys did as much wake boarding as they could get in that day. This was my boys last day on the lake. The goal of the day was to get air and work on their jumps. All three of them succeeded in their goal. I have loved watching Daddy and Bubba evolve and work on their skills this Summer. I am a water girl. I grew up loving to be behind a boat and I am grateful I married a man that is not afraid to try new things, and I am grateful he has passed that onto our children. 

Untitled Untitled Untitled
Yesterday was bitter sweet for me. Although I am not leaving for another month or so, my big boys left this morning. Daddy went back to Philly to pack us up and get ready for the trek out west and Bubba left to go back to his Mom's. He starts school in a week or so and needs to get back in the routine of being home. It has been so much fun having my whole family together and being so close to my parents and siblings. It has been a lovely Summer and one that I will never forget.

No comments: