Who is the this cute kid? I feel like my boy gets cuter with every passing month and his little personality just makes me love him even more. I cannot get enough of this kid!! I feel like over the last month things have gotten so much easier with him. He is still a Momma's boy and need to have me in his line of sight, but he is playing so much better independently and he loves to play with Garrett. He just giggles and giggles when they play. We had a little break with the teething. So we have actually been getting some sleep.
- Sleeping :: well, Eli is still not sleeping through the night and I think it may be a while. He usually gets up once in the night around midnight and then sleeps till around 5:00 or 6:00. After he has his morning feed he goes back to sleep for about an hour and usually wakes up so happy.
- We are finally done with swaddling. I was an easy transition. He still needs to be wrapped up in his quilt, but he likes to have his arms out now and he likes to snuggle with his lovie and his stuffed giraffe. Now that he can get his arms out he like to toss his paci out of his crib and then squawk until someone comes it to retrieve it. Other than that he is a pretty good sleeper.
- He is taking two good naps every day. It is nice to have a couple times a day when I know I will have a little time to myself to get things done. Now I can plan our day better since baby boy is in a good routine.
- Eating :: this little boy loves his milk, including night feedings he is still nursing six times per day. He will not use a sippy so I am his soul source of liquid. We are working on that. As far as food, this kid is a little fatty! This kid eats every thing and a lot of it. He pretty much eats what we eat and he loves to feed himself. How do I feel about him feeding himself? I like it until I have to clean it up. He is messy, but aren't all 10 month olds? I always thought Garrett was a good eater, but this kid tops him. He has quite the grown up taste buds...I am pretty sure I'm creating a mini "foody". His new love is coconut milk. Since he is still nursing so much I don't have enough supply to pump when he is with a sitter. I had to find a replacement for his fluids and coconut milk was my solution. He loves it.
- Teeth :: he has four teeth, the two front top and the two front bottom. The right bottom is about to break through and the left bottom is gonna be right behind it. Hopefully these will be a little easier and less painful than those top front teeth. They were brutal!!!
- Play :: This kid loves his toys. He gets so excited when I get out his toy box. He loves to get everything out and surround himself with his toys. Lately he is really into his ring stacker and his stacking cups. He also loves to play with my pot and pans and wooden spoons. He loves that they make noise. He also likes to play peek-a-boo.
- On the move :: well he is not on the move yet. Two weeks ago he started physical therapy to help with his physical development. He was actually average as far as most of his development. The only reason he qualified for PT was that he still will NOT roll over. He goes twice a week for 30 min and he therapist is good. He likes going and he enjoys the one on one time playing with toys. I would guess that in the next month he will be crawling everywhere. I think one of his issues is that he is so cautious. He does not like to feel unsure. He needs to feel solid and very sure of what he and his body are doing. I am quite sure I will not have a walker at a year. I would guess more like 14 or 15 months. Honestly I am not in a hurry. I will enjoy this time when he can't get into everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment