Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mar 10th ~ 16th

Sunday Daylight Savings Time began and we rolled our clocks ahead one hour. I love this time of year. Having an extra hour of daylight makes me feel more productive. It also makes everything feel brighter. It makes me feel like I need to bust out the grill and open the doors and windows. Spring is in the air for sure. I also gave a talk on Sunday about Scriptures and how we use them in our home. While writing this talk I came to the conclusion that we do really well as a family, but I stink with my personal scripture study and Marcus and I really stink as a couple. We need to do better and I need to make my own scripture study more of a priority. I know that if I do my days will be better and I will have the Spirit more readily available to me.

Monday Eli had his first PT appointment. He did OK. He was not so sure and he needed me to be right be his side. I am sure this will get better as he gets to know his therapist better. he really enjoys playing with all their fun toys. Hopefully these toys will motivate him to move about a little more.

Um, I know my baby is almost 10 months old, but I think it's time to lower his crib mattress. Little boy has learned to get up on his knees. We don't need him falling over the top. My boys really love each other and the older Eli gets the more Garrett likes to interact with him. I love watching them and most of the time Garrett is very good with him. Other times I have to wonder what is going on in my four year old's head. He should know better?

Wednesdays we have a play group at a park near the house. Eli is enjoying the park more. He loves to sit in the wood chips and throw them around or pile them up on the sidewalk. He does try to eat them every now and then.
The older Garret gets the less of these moments we have. Especially because I feel like I am always nursing Eli when Garrett wakes up so my bed is taken. This morning Eli was still snoozing away so I got in a few snuggles with my love. I will say these moments don't last long as Garrett snuggles about as good as a porcupine. He never was a snuggler. I also got to work in Garrett'd classroom on Thursday. This is always a treat for us. The afternoon just me and him. I love watching him interact in class. He is a good boy 90% of time. He likes to joke around, but Mrs. Ramirez is very patient with him. I also got to got to the temple on Thursday night. I so look forward to my monthly temple visits. Just me alone with my thoughts and in the quiet. I always come home feeling energized and refreshed!
Saturday morning Kim and I had another 8 miler and this time Marcus was out of town. EEEK! 8 miles is too far for Garrett to ride so off I went with the double jogger and my runnin shoes. Kim put up with my slowness and we made it. This was a huge confidence builder for me. I also must give my boys props. Not one complaint out of either of them for the whole 8 miles! Recovery was harder this weekend. Not sure how I'm gonna feel hitting the pavement Monday morning :/


No comments: