Again nothing very exciting this week. I have really been in a picture taking funk. I am also getting into the thick of my 1/2 marathon training. We have less than a month and our runs are getting longer and longer now. The weekly mileage is really starting to add up.
Sunday I taught relief Society. I really love teaching and when I get the opportunity I always jump on it. There are a couple of reasons I love to teach. One, it gets me into the manual and into the scriptures and two, I always feel like the lessons I teach are just for me and I learn so much as I study. The lesson this week was about being strengthened by the power of the Holy Ghost. The one think I really took away from this lesson was that I need to slow down each day and give myself some quiet time so I can feel the spirit and head his whisperings. This is a hard one for me. I feel like me days start and end without even getting the chance to sit down unless I'm in the car, but then I have two little ones keeping me company and there is very little quiet. So I aim for a little quiet time each day to meditate, seek after, and feel the spirit.
On Monday my baby had his Physical Therapy Evaluation. We will see if he qualifies. Right now, he is still not rolling over and he is almost 10 months old, he is also not even close to crawling. I am not too worried, but I think a little one on one time with a physical therapist could do him good. On Tuesday they called us back and said that he was on the low end of average for everything except rolling over. For that he was below average and for that he qualifies for two s=30 minute sessions each week. We will see how things progress. My sweet little boy is so content just sitting in one spot for most of the day.
On Saturday I had my first really long run. Last Saturday I ran 6 miles and that was hard, but 8 is a whole new ball game. Luckily both of our hubbies were home this Saturday so we did not have to bring our kiddos. It was so nice to be able to swing my arms and stretch out my legs. We ran down by the ocean and then to a nice paved trail. My goal was to make it without walking. I exceeding my expectation by making it in under a 10:30 pace. Kim is the best running partner ever. She keeps me motivated and pushes me just when I need it. I really had to take it easy this weekend. Recovering from 8 miles is no joke.
HAHAHA! This is what I came home to after my run. My hubby was playing dress up. Every once in a while he likes to get out his old cowboy gear and have a moment of nostalgia. I love this man cowboy hat and all!


No comments:
Post a Comment