I love school holidays. It is nice to not have the feeling of the weekend or the hustle and bustle of the school routine. Just a day to do what we want with no pressure. Today is Martin Luther King Jr day, it is a day off from school and a day off from work for Daddy. Guess where my family headed to this morning? You guessed it, at 8:00 AM they loaded up for the mountain. I shortly followed to spend the morning at the lodge so my littlest boy could have his turn on the mountain for and hour or two. I packed my bag and my computer and was anticipating a quiet morning and maybe a blog post or two. When I walked in it was warm and quiet, I choose a seat in the corner near and older gentleman. I assumed he would be quiet and not be bothersome. I had just sat down and unloaded my bag when this older man introduced himself as Jim and told me he was here with his grandson. I told him we had something in common, because I too was waiting for someone. This quick introduction led to at least an hour of constant conversation with a very interesting man going on 80 years. He and his wife live in Springville, they have 8 children, he is an electrician and a pilot, and he was blinded in one eye by a cactus when he was a young boy. He and his wife served and mission with the LDS church in the Philippines in 2006. He is now retired and loves to spend time with his 20 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. He was such a pleasure to talk to and people who have lived on this earth for 80 years have so much insight, experience, and wisdom to offer. It made me sad to think that I had sat by this man so I would not be bothered. Bothered by what? Another human being that might make my life better in the moment? Today I am grateful that Jim bothered me and shared a little bit of himself with me. His knowledge and experience are of great value. Thank you Jim for making my day just a little bit brighter!
My experience this morning reminded me of a quote I saw yesterday that I took a picture of...
This is what we woke up to Sunday morning and when I opened the curtains to let Bella out, my breath was taken with this sight.
In other news, I am 26 weeks, 2 day pregnant today. I am still feeling pretty good. I am trying to soak up this time of feeling good. It is inevitable that come 30ish weeks things will get harder. The chances of preeclampsia get higher, sleeping, eating, walking, and everything else becomes much more difficult. But right now things feel good, so I am going to enjoy it.
Happy Monday everyone, I hope that today is what you make of it and everything you hoped it would be :)




No comments:
Post a Comment