Tuesday, January 12, 2016

{my miracle came}

I have been praying for weeks for the strength to get through these next 4 months with school, family, and the baby coming. Today while I was trying to do homework as Eli was napping, I could not keep my eyes open and I needed to take a little nap. But I knew from the last few days I would not be able to stay awake long enough to do school work tonight. I also know that once my need for day time naps come back, I cannot function without them and they will quickly beccome part of my day until this baby comes. I fell asleep praying for the strength to get my school work done. Then I woke up with my answer. My answer was that I needed to take the semester off and focus on my goals for the new year as well as focus on keeping my stress level down to keep me and this baby girl healthy. I called Marcus and talked to him about it, emailed my guidance counselor to verify that taking the semester off would not affect my degree plan, and then put in a request to withdraw from my classes. Just like that, this huge burden was lifted from my shoulders and I felt so much peace.

One of the biggest factors in going to school for me is that going to school is a source of income for our family. The VA pays me every month with my GI Bill money to be a student. We have never had to use my school money to live, but that money goes towards extra stuff or emergencies. This extra money has been a huge factor in why I didn't take the semester off to begin with. With the peace I felt as I made this decision, I also felt peace about our finances. We decided to cancel cable and make a few other cuts backs to give us a little bit of extra padding each month. Plus it is tax season and we usually get some money back each year. That money will become our emergency fund to get us through the spring and Summer. Money will be tight, but we will manage. I know that if we continue to put the Lord first and do what we can to serve, we will be blessed.

I am looking forward to having less stress in my life and more time to live in the moment without homework looming over my shoulder. I have full intention of getting back at it come Fall, but for now I'm gonna enjoy these last few months having Eli all to myself and I'm going to continue working on myself and doing some of those things that I enjoy doing.

No comments: